/*Gets Random Review, From PurpleMoggy*/ /* Gets Related Post from Purple Moggy*/

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Dillon Dillon


Dillon Dillon, by Kate Banks, is the story of a young boy named Dillon Dillon who is trying to find himself during a summer trip by a lake. When his parents give him a red rowboat for his birthday with his name painted on it, he asks them a fateful question. "Why did you name me Dillon Dillon?" With the answer to that question comes a truth that Dillon is not ready to accept. He escapes to the lake in his rowboat, he discovers and island and meets a pair of loons through which he discovers his true identity.

I read Dillon Dillon a while ago. When I read it then I do not think that I understood the book in its fullest sense. Whether this was a lack of knowledge or wisdom, I do not know, but when I have read the book again I have gleaned deeper and deeper meaning from its pages. This is something that occurs often with my books, but something that I noticed more than usual with Dillon Dillon. It is not a very long book, and the underlying story is very strong, which allowed me to read the book at a younger age. However, I think that it takes a more mature person to understand the book on a deeper and more meaningful level.

For this reason, I recommend Dillon Dillon as a book for children, but also as a book for high school students and adults. The older ones are the people that may get the most out of the book, but the story can satisfy younger readers also.

No comments:

More Books Like This One